December 5, 2018

Best albums of 2018

Courtney Barnett - Tell Me How You Really Feel (Milk)
Beginning to end, I loved it.


Wye Oak - The Louder I Call, The Faster It Runs (Merge)
Jan played this so much, I knew every word before I could say The Louder I Call, The Faster I Run. See what I did there?

Dusted - Blackout Summer (Polyvinyl)
It creeps in there. Give it a few spins.

tUnE-yArDs - Can Feel You Creep Into My Private Life (4AD)
I can't help but love what Merrill Garbus does. 

US Girls - In A Poem Unlimited (4AD)
I think Half Free was stronger, but still, a solid album.

David Byrne - American Utopia (Nonesuch)
Ok... the album was weird, but the concert was awesome.


Other songs on repeat this year 
(not all new... but I get obsessive with some tracks)
Childish Gambino - This is America
Whitney Houston - How Will I Know?
Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody
Adriano Celentano - Prisencolinensinainciusol
All Prince... good lord all Prince.

RIP
Aretha Franklin


No comments:

Post a Comment